A cookie is a small text file that a website, app or other platform stores on your computer, tablet, smartphone or any other similar device, with information on your browsing and use, like a tag that identifies your device. Cookies are necessary, for example, to facilitate browsing and understand how users interact with platforms so they can be improved. They are also useful to provide advertising according to user preferences, as well as for other purposes detailed below. Cookies do not damage your computer or device.
By “Cookies” we are also referring to other, similar technologies used to install and/or collect information on or from your device such as flash cookies, web beacons or bugs, pixels, HTML5 (local storage), and SDK technologies for apps. The term Cookies also applies to the use of fingerprinting, in other words, techniques used to combine information that help us identify your device. These technologies sometimes run alongside cookies to collect and store information, either to provide you with certain features or services on our Platform, or to display third-party advertising according to your browsing.
This explanation is a general overview of what Cookies means and is for informational purposes only. The specific Cookies we use are detailed in the cookies settings panel on our Platform.
Please check this section which provides an overview of the type of Cookies that can be used in an online environment.
Cookies can be classified as follows, depending on the owner:
- First-party cookies: Are sent to the user’s computer or device from a computer or domain managed by the editor, and which provides the platform or service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: Are sent to the user’s computer or device from a computer or domain not managed by the editor, but rather by another entity that processes data obtained from the cookies.
Cookies can be classified as follows, depending on the purpose:
- Strictly necessary cookies (technical): The cookies that allow the user to browse a website, platform or app, and use the various options or services on it. For example, control traffic, identify data or session, access restricted access sections or content, remember the elements of an order, complete an order purchase process, manage payment, control fraud related to service security, use security elements during browsing, complete an application to register or participate in an event, store content for publishing videos and audio, enable dynamic content (for example, loading animation of a text or image) and share content on social media. As they are strictly necessary, technical cookies are downloaded by default when they are needed to display the platform or provide the service requested by the user.
- Functionality or customisation cookies: These cookies are needed to remember information so that the user can access the service or platform with specific characteristics that can differentiate their experience from that of other users. For example, language, number of results displayed when the user runs a search, appearance or content of the service based on the type of browser used, or the region from where the service is accessed, etc. Not accepting cookies may cause slow website performance or poorly adapted recommendations.
- Analysis cookies: These cookies can quantify the number of users, sections visited on the platform and how users interact with it to carry out statistical measurement and analysis on use, in order to implement improvements based on the analysis of data on how users use the platform or service.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: Are those which store information on user behaviour obtained from continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows us to develop a specific profile for displaying advertising adapted to these habits. These cookies allow for the most effective management possible of any advertising space the editor has included directly or in collaboration with third parties.
Cookies are an essential part of our how Platform works. The main goal of our Cookies is to make your browsing experience as easy and efficient as possible. For example, they are used to remember your preferences (language, country, etc.) when browsing and during future visits. We also use our Cookies to continuously improve our services and Platform, and to offer customised advertising according to your browsing habits.
Information collected on Cookies also allows us to improve our Platform by making estimates on statistical data and patterns of use (number of visits, most visited sections, visit time, etc.), gain a statistical understanding of how users interact with the Platform so as to improve our services, and to adapt the Platform to your individual interests, accelerate searches, etc.
In any case, the Cookies we use never store sensitive information such as passwords, credit or debit card details, etc.
Please remember that both managing the Cookies settings panel and opting to reject Cookies is specific to each browser you are using. Therefore, if you configure Cookies one way on one device and want your option to apply equally to another device, you must enable the same option on the other device.
Additionally, regarding third-party Cookies used to provide advertising based on your interests, please note that certain third parties may be members of some of the following self-regulatory programmes for online behavioural advertising, with the relevant voluntary exclusion options:
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) - https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
- Google Analytics - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
The information stored on our Platform Cookies is only used by us, except those identified in section 2 as “Third-party cookies”, which are used and managed by external entities to provide us services aimed at improving our services and the user experience when browsing on our Platform. More information in the Cookies settings panel available at all times on our Platform.